Open PHP session, JS Achievements

Patrik Sjöstrand shared this question 8 months ago
Answered

Just a heads up for the developers...

I'm trying out the Joomsports Acievements plugin on a totally clean WP 5.7 install with only the 2021 theme and no other plugins installer and the health check warned me about an open PHP session which causes REST API to fail.

Changing "session_start();" to "session_write_close();" in [plugin folder]/joomsport-achievements/includes/joomsport-achievements-admin-install.php solved the problem for me.

I hope it helps someone. :)

Patrik

Replies (1)

photo

Thank you Patrik!

We will add the changes to the public release

photo

De nada. :) Thank you for giving us awesome stuff for free!

While I have you on the line, so to say... Will Joomsports Acievements get shortcode and/or widget functionality in the future, like the main Joomsports plugin has?

photo

Patrik,

Honestly saying we have no plans for development for Achievements. No market at all and the investments don't pay off. Sorry to say but that is what we experience.

We can only offer shortcodes development for as little as $140 per each shortcode. If interested. :)

photo

Hi,

I totally get that. I've been working in software development on and off since forever and it has rarely paid off. With that in mind, I would gladly pay for your services if any kind of money were available to me, but I'm kinda learning from the same experience you do. The market, if you can even call it that, consists of mainly non-profits and I'm just helping a friend out, totally pro bono. Lotsa fun but not a cent in sight. :)

Thanks again!

photo

Very common case, Patrik. We understand this well.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file